Benefits of High Quality Polyester Embroidery Thread
There is a wide variety of embroidery thread types and materials, as well as a vast range of colors available, so how do you choose which embroidery thread is best for your project?
Silk, cotton, wool, polyester, and rayon are some of the most common materials used in embroidery thread. It’s tempting to choose the cheaper options–after all, it’s just thread, right? How different can they be?
You’ll understand the difference when you run into issues with fraying, dye bleed, faded colors, and broken embroidery threads. The extra expense of a high quality polyester thread will save you from spending more time (and more thread) fixing issues that could have been avoided in the first place.
The Embroidery Store recommends Robison-Anton Super Brite Polyester Embroidery Thread. Below you will find some of the top benefits you’ll notice when you invest in high quality polyester embroidery thread.
Polyester embroidery thread is…
- stronger than most cotton, silk, wool, or rayon threads.
- resistant to tears, fraying, and breakage.
- resistant to stretching and shrinking when washed.
- resistant to chemicals and will not bleach, bleed, or fade over time or when exposed to chemical cleaners.
- excellent for embroidery on items that will be used outdoors.
- easy to wash, resists the growth of mildew, and dries quickly when wet.
Robison Anton Super Brite Polyester Embroidery Thread offers superior sewability with fewer thread breaks. The Embroidery Store offers 40 weight, 120/2 trilobal polyester thread available in 453 brilliant colors on “snap base” cones for easy thread storage. All colors are sold in 5000 Meter cones.
Buying higher quality embroidery thread costs less than you may think, and you’ll be doing yourself a huge favor with this smart investment in your embroidery quality! Click here to check out our color selections!