How To Embroider A Flag Banner
Banners are a year-round decoration that are used for just about any occasion! Birthdays, Valentine’s day, anniversaries, graduations, promotions, holidays – whatever you need a hanging banner for, know that you can easily machine embroider a mini banner! Just bookmark this page so that next time you need it, you can easily find the directions here.
To get started, we have to put together the foundation of the banner. This includes the bunting, or the flags that hang from the banner, but you also must know what you plan to put on it.
Here’s how to you embroider a flag banner:
1. Start by printing templates (actual size) of the embroidery, for instance the letters in “Happy Birthday” if that’s the type of banner you’re making.
2. Secondly, start measuring from center to center on the embroidery templates you printed, marking the center on each template to keep all letters in line once you begin adding them to the banner. You should mark your fabric and your stabilizer.
3. Use the center marks on your embroidery hoop to mark the vertical & horizontal center lines on your embroidery stabilizer.
4. Align your banner fabric on your embroidery hoop. The alignment marks on your background fabric should match up with those same marks on your embroidery stabilizer.
5. Use your embroidery machine to stitch it up! On your machine, select the design or letter you need and then ensure that your background fabric’s center marks align with the crosshairs on the machine design.
6. Attach your bunting together with bright-colored string, glittery ribbons, or anything you can think of to give it a unique look.
Now you can create a banner as a gift for a baby shower, as decorations for your own holiday or birthday parties, or even as a housewarming gift for friends & family. You’re not limited to lettering with these banners – you can create a banner with symbols, animals, or festive imagery!